HFC provided civil & structural engineer expertise as well as master planning to optimise the use of the site. Careful consideration was given to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the existing plant located on site while facility construction was underway.
Plant layout design was a collaboration between HFC, Holcim, and plant equipment supplier SIMEM. The plant features dual drive over hoppers, 720 cubic meters, aggregate storage bins, three cement storage silos with a total storage capacity of 375 tonnes. It also has a SIMEM twin shaft mixer with a compacted concrete output capacity of 6 cubic meters per batch, giving an impressive hourly production rate of 240 cubic meters. This includes a holding hopper under the mixer with a hydraulic operated chute and integrated automated washing system.
Other Concrete Batching Facilities designed by HFC include:
- Holcim ( New Zealand) Ltd Horotiu, Hamilton
- Allied Concrete Normanby Plant
- Allied Concrete Christchurch Plant, McAlpine St
- Firth Plant, Dunedin
- Wilson Group Ormiston Road Batching Plant
- Humes Pipeline Systems New Pipe Casting Building
- Humes Pipeline Systems New Batching Plant